The Processing of Personal Data
Our objective and intention is that you will be able to feel safe and secure when you provide your personal information to us at GAIM Immersive Technology Group AB (GAIM). All processing of personal data is based on the provisions and requirements of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
GAIM is the data controller, pursuant to the GDPR, for the processing of personal data held by the company that takes place. GAIM is responsible for the processing of your personal data connected to our provision of games on the Meta Oculus platform (the “Service”).
When does the processing of personal data occur?
GAIM processes your personal information when you use the Service. Apart from account information, your use of the Service generates different types of log data. This data includes your actions in the game, systems logs and settings, crash reports, statistics on how you use the Service, and other associated metadata.
What is the purpose and legal basis for our processing of your personal data?
Provision of the Service
The purpose of the processing is to provide the Service in order to perform our contract with you. Data will be processed to generate statistics for an enhanced user experience, identify bugs or functionality errors, develop and enable new features, notify you about updates, and provide technical support.
Product development and statistics
We process your personal data for our legitimate interests to further develop our services, conduct analysis of the performance of our products, and promote the integrity and security of our products.
We may also use your contact information for direct marketing purposes, in which case the processing is based on our legitimate interests. You have the right to object to such processing.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data such as your email address and Oculus user ID are provided to us when you connect your GAIM software to the Oculus platform.
Personal data that is collected while using the Service includes your IP address, log data from your use of the Service, usage statistics, interactions with the system, and gameplay data.
Disclosure of personal data to others
Your personal data is shared with our service providers to provide the Service. Personal data generated during your use of the Service is retained in our database and generally not shared with any third parties.
GAIM is the “data controller” responsible for the personal data and the contractors GAIM uses are the “data processors”. The data processors are obligated to comply with GAIM’s instructions and are not entitled to disclose your personal information to any other parties or to use them for any purposes other than those encompassed within GAIM’s instructions. The data processors are also required to take certain technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
Personal data may be disclosed in the event this is required by law, regulation or a decision of a governmental authority.
If we reorganize or sell our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired by another entity, we may transfer your personal data to the successor entity.
Transfers of personal data to third countries
Some of our service providers can on occasion access your personal data from outside the EU/EEA. To ensure adequate protection of personal data when it is transferred to countries outside the EU/EEA, GAIM will ensure that the transfers are subject to appropriate safeguards or otherwise permissible according to the GDPR, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
If you would like further information regarding the transfer of your personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA, contact us via e-mail, email@example.com.
How long is the information retained?
Personal data necessary to provide the Service will be retained for the duration of your use of our services. When you delete your account we will delete all identifying data within thirty (30) days. The remaining data on your use of the Service will be retained in anonymized form.
You have the right to:
• request information about, and a copy of, your personal data;
• get incorrect personal data corrected or supplemented;
• object to the processing of your personal data if the processing is based on our legitimate interests, unless GAIM can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweighs your interests. You always have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing;
• a restriction of the processing of your personal data provided that GAIM does not have a legal right to continue the processing;
• request deletion of the personal data if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, if you have withdrawn the consent on which the processing is based, if you object to the processing and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing to continue, if the personal data has been processed unlawfully, or if the personal data must be deleted in order to fulfill a legal obligation;
• obtain the personal data you have provided to GAIM in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and transfer this data to another controller if the processing is based on consent or on a contract (data portability); and
• withdraw your consent at any time by contacting GAIM, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a more detailed description of your rights as a data subject, you can consult the Irish Data Protection Commission’s website or your local data protection authority’s website. You always have the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the competent data protection authority in the country where you live, where you are working, or where you believe a violation of the GDPR occurred.
If you have any questions concerning the processing of personal data within GAIM, please contact us here, email@example.com.